Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa's 50th Wedding Anniversary


The same day we picked up my brother from the airport we had a party that night for my grandparents 50th anniversary. They thought that it was for Ben coming home. We sure trick them. My aunt Jean made a cool DVD of pictures throughout their lives some of them I have never seen before. It was really cool. The one picture I will never forget was of my grandpa in a swim suit and he had just got out of the Army so he was really buff and my grandma had on shorts I have never seen my grandma's legs before. It was really funny. I'm excited because they are going to add more pictures to it. They were not able to add a ton because of time and trying to get pictures from them while also trying to keep a secrete was pretty hard. Also we were able to get a new family picture. Right before we ate dinner we took a family picture and my aunt Molly went straight to COSCO instead of eating dinner to go get it printed so that my grandparents could have a new giant family photo. They didn't even notice that Molly was gone so it work out perfectly. All of my dad's siblings including him talk of memories and different things about my grandparents. When they were talking about childhood memories it made think that when my parents 50th anniversary comes I will be 50 and I don't know if I will be able to remember a lot so I figure I should write some down now so I don't forget by then. My aunt Jean said that our grandparents are truly a wonderful example to us because they have been married a half of a century and that's something to be proud of.

No comments: